the first stone

If you feel like any of the content here is infringing on yr copy and or birthrights, please let me know before you flag it, I can remove the link. However, please understand that all shared content here is mp3 recordings of well used 45s, and in no way outshine an original/authorized mp3 version of the song.

FYI::>

All mixes are cut into individual tracks that have id3 tags. You just download the .zip file and drag the tracks into iTunes and they will play as a mix or separately.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mugglestone Hi-Fi BACK 2 SCHOOL VOL. 2: KAYO MOODS


I recently was at this record store in Monterey, CA, where the guy had a slew of overpriced 70's/80's singles that I spent an hour hunched on the floor picking through.  Just to give you an idea, he had a broken Fraggle Rock theme song picture sleeve that he was selling for 6 bucks, I told him the record was broken and he said it was 6 bucks "just for the sleeve".  As I was leaving with nothing for my labor, he dismissively pointed to the corner under the overstock and said I had missed a box--but its all crap, so a quarter each or 5 for a buck.  Here I found about 20 amazing Japanese records from the 50's and 60's, all exclusively in Japanese and most without a sleeve (here I also found another copy of the Fraggle Rock record, in M- condition but without the sleeve).

I can't find out much about this beautiful genre of post-war jazzy/pop songs except a wiki page with some information about a genre that seems to fit called Kayokyoku.  It gives a little insight into the genre that would later become the basic for Japanese Mod/Go-Go records (a la the Spiders) and even J-Pop.  I also found some forums for what they are calling "J-Pop Oldies" or Enka music, but I still am having a hard time getting the artists or titles for the songs.  Most of the records are on King or Columbia, so mostly all I have are the record numbers. Nonetheless, I decided to put it up here for you, with the hopes that maybe someone can help me shed some light on this beautiful piece of history.

So, get some shitty supermarket sake, heat it up in the microwave, and ENJOY!


(Due to the lack of info there is no real tracklisting, but all the record label info/titles are in the name of the song)


Here is the .zip

No comments: