the first stone

If you feel like any of the content here is infringing on yr copy and or birthrights, please let me know before you flag it, I can remove the link. However, please understand that all shared content here is mp3 recordings of well used 45s, and in no way outshine an original/authorized mp3 version of the song.

FYI::>

All mixes are cut into individual tracks that have id3 tags. You just download the .zip file and drag the tracks into iTunes and they will play as a mix or separately.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Jennell Hawkins- MOMENTS



When I first put this song on here I couldn't find any info on the lady herself outside that she recorded with Richard Berry (yes, the "louie louie" guy) but now there is a whole bio page and even some mp3 links. This Titanic label photo is courtesy of Brian's Music Musings a great resource for oldies but goodies like this one. I got this as a Collectables reissue B-side to Ike and Tina's "Poor Fool", but this song immediately captivated me. Her sweet vocal line is longing and slightly shattered, but never wavering in devotion or bitter. The track has a great sax intro and solo and such a smooth feel that it almost breezes past you. Most people who know me know that I only play this song when I am either really happy or really sad.

Jennell Hawkins- "Moments"

No comments: