the first stone

If you feel like any of the content here is infringing on yr copy and or birthrights, please let me know before you flag it, I can remove the link. However, please understand that all shared content here is mp3 recordings of well used 45s, and in no way outshine an original/authorized mp3 version of the song.

FYI::>

All mixes are cut into individual tracks that have id3 tags. You just download the .zip file and drag the tracks into iTunes and they will play as a mix or separately.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

James Brown- EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART

This is by far my favorite James Brown organ instrumental on King Records. I was lucky enough to hear him play it live at an outside festival (where he opened up for the string cheese incident !?!) and I got kicked out of the show for "being disruptive." It was the forth of July and he was wearing a blue rhinestone tux, and his band had on trad. black tuxes with a red sash and white shirt. Pure class. I come across many James Brown records, usually all but destroyed by time and excessive play; this one is unfortunately no exception. But I love the soulful feel and the vocal sensitivity he infuses into his solo. Genius does not begin to describe his impact on this world. When are they going to make some blasè bio pic on James Brown, this guy deserves a whole Martin Scorcese series!!!

James Brown- "Every Beat of My Heart"

No comments: