the first stone

If you feel like any of the content here is infringing on yr copy and or birthrights, please let me know before you flag it, I can remove the link. However, please understand that all shared content here is mp3 recordings of well used 45s, and in no way outshine an original/authorized mp3 version of the song.

FYI::>

All mixes are cut into individual tracks that have id3 tags. You just download the .zip file and drag the tracks into iTunes and they will play as a mix or separately.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

dj scud- GUN COURT


I thought I'd give a couple pics since they both are small and mean absolutely nothing to anyone that doesn't know what this record is. I am very lucky to have found this early breakcore record in a bookstore in Denver. Released in 1999, this record has enough ear-bleeding siren sounds cracked over frantic ragga-style breaks to make anyone think its beirut in the 80's. I am not finding much in the formation of the man beyond his name is Toby Reynolds and he runs Ambush Records out of London. Anyone who knows breakcore knows a little too much about it, so let them correct me and give more infos. This song is a great way to shock waaay too drunk people or to segway in or out of some heavy shit. Often, as an act of contrition I will play some hip hop after or some heavier dancehall that hits but never as hard and fast as this does.

DJ SCUD- Gun Court Series (side A)

No comments: